About Me

My photo
Woy Woy, NSW, Australia
Hi there! I hope you find some inspiration from looking at my blog. Take your time, click on some of the links, get some ideas, join some challenges, but most of all, have FUN:):)

Friday, 21 February 2014

Scrapki~ Wyzwaniowo - NO!!!!!

Of course, I mean YES! But the theme is to say 'no' to something....here's my journaling:
 Now I'm not getting all political here...in point of fact I had a bit of a giggle at the shenanigans over there...I'm afraid I'm a bit naughty in that I really can't take scrapping all that seriously....I take my DUTIES seriously, so if I'm on a DT, then I'll work hard & to the best of my ability....but that's about it! 
Then I got thinking about all the encouragement I got when I started scrapping - & I know I've come a looong way from that starting point...& without those positive, upbeat comments I have no doubt I would NOT be where I am today. So SAY NO to negatives, I reckon!
The wooden elements here are called Squidgy Pins & I'm in loooove! I ran out of some alphas - the 'T' here, so I made an upside L into one!!! And I had no E's, either!!! The typewriter is from stamp packaging ...I cut it up:) Lots of colour [thanks Lindy G!] & then I've dribbled over some Pearl Ex powders made into paint.
Now, I must say I'm still learning to do this Art Journaling stuff & I'm never really happy with my pages...but, you know, you learn by doing...so I'll keep on doing 'til I get better. You, poor readers, just have to put up with the errr.....PURPLE I keep using. What IS that? Hate it....but I've even got PURPLE thongs [ie flip flops, NOT undies!!!] this summer.....
 And once more, it all started to look too grungy, so out came the Gesso....lots of transfers, stamps...
 
  Those little circle stamps are Ali Edwards.....
And there I will leave you. My aim is to win some 7Dots Studio papers. If it means I need to go into the Scrapki Wyzwaniowo challenges from now for the next 10 years...well, you lot might have a few more wrinkles, maybe a grey hair or two...but I'll still be playing...now wouldn't it be AWESOME to get on their team??? Better keep practising:):)!!!!
Happy Scrapping ~ Lizzy ♥♥♥

18 comments:

  1. I love your art journal pages. This is fabulous. I really need to open mine up again and do more of this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is sooooooooo gorgeous! LOVING the colors, the textures and the typewriter!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. And the purple strikes again!!! for a gal who is anti..it pops up regularly....I know... it's purple bombing to make you change your opinion. Eclectic and funky, just like an art page really. Go Lizzy :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your post has come a perfect time for me :) To say you've been encouraging me as I begin my online scrappy presence (I have been scrapping for a lot longer) is an understatement. Leaving a short comment of positivity is so underrated. A beautiful page - and there's nothing wrong with purple. Call it 'grape' and it sounds fancy ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really cool mix of elements.
    P/s: I love that the crafting community is generally positive and supportive!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Lizzy! I hear on any Scrappin Shenanigans! I have come across that once or twice and went with the same theory you did, just say no! LOL It's all fun and games until someone gets poked in the eye with some fussy cutting scissors! Ok, now I am giggling 'cause that is just funny! Love that color you ended up with! I had something similar happen to me today on a metal piece I'm working on...I do hope you win your paper AND get on the team!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Firstly you would get on their team, after looking at this and knowing how far you have come already with your scrapping, techniques and skill I totally believe you could be on their team...This is fabulous, I am just sitting here looking at sooo many details you have on here.. so all the best, I reckon you will win and get on their team.. how's that for positive talking!!hehe!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my, this mad me giggle...you certainly know how I feel, all that carry-on completely overwhelmed me! I've been so lucky to previously only be exposed to the positive side of this craft & I'm so very grateful for that!
    I love the mix of colours & texture here. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  9. how much fun is this!! your mixed media is so awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your message here Lizzy, and what is it with the purple ! lol. I know when I made the same statement I ended up using purple in my next three layouts !

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great message and fantastic work here! WTG Lizzy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Definitely I am not one of the poor readers..I love purple ..SO I am happy reader :D !! loved the bg a lot n textures too !

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fantastic artwork Lizzy, and I agree with you wholeheartedly, no more negativity!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yes, yes, yes.....this is a fabulous no page! So eye-catching and neat looking Lizzy! <3!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Amazing page, Lizzy....and I agree, negative words are not good and do nothing for anyone.
    Love your mixed media background and the purple looks fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lol! Reading your post made me smile! I love the way you write! Love your project too, with the purpe, the paints and the type writer!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. LOL I am with Helen on this one... I do see more purple. :D I could not agree with you more on the negativity either.... Love this layout.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks guys for taking the time to comment....I appreciate each & every one:):)