About Me

My photo
Woy Woy, NSW, Australia
Hi there! I hope you find some inspiration from looking at my blog. Take your time, click on some of the links, get some ideas, join some challenges, but most of all, have FUN:):)

Monday, 8 September 2014

THE FOUR CARD SCRAPPY STORY: SEPT 2014

See, Once Upon A Time, there was a new challenge over at
The Mixed Media Card blog,
asking to use this:
 
So, as a good girl does, I rummaged through my orange/yellow scrap bits of paper, & found some that I'd 'had a go at' a long time ago.
They USED to be Kaisercraft Base Coat pp, but look pretty unrecognisable. 
Since this is a Mixed Media challenge....they were PERFECT! 
Now, as I scrap I like to have a candle - a smelly [in a nice way] candle burning. It just so happened, that I got this idea:
 I embossed a copper leaf onto my page. The other leaf has been dry embossed...the bg is full of MM!
Of course, a card needs a sentiment. Here's mine. More 'metal' [gold!] colour:
So, having added plenty of texture & metal-ish elements, I created this 'man' card:
 I added some Inka Gold to the button...below is the whole card:
Now, I had some MORE of that background paper.
So I thought: 'Hey! There's a really nice SHABBY/VINTAGE TAG or CARD TAG challenge on over at SUGAR HOLLOW CREEK! 
Maybe this paper will work for that!'
And of COURSE, being shabby chic, meant using up some of those PESKY flowers that keep 'breeding':
 Of course, I added some script, some gold embossing powder, some white paint over a diamond mask onto the background - along with some Glimmer Glaze & Heidi Swapp colour inks. Then a feather. THEN layered it up...!!!
 The lovely little chippy umbrellas come from Scrap Wycinanka - a giveaway - I gave 'em a coat of paint:)
I've also heat embossed the background behind the tag to add to the shabby look ~ & the sentiment was cut on my Silly Machine:
Sooooo, even after this card I STILL had a scrap of that paper left. Hmmmnnnn....now wasn't there a
SCRAP AFRICA SKETCH CHALLENGE #34 
up with a sketch by the lovely Denise VD:
And, oh YES! You can use it for a card.....so, this was born:
Oh, such fun layering & using bits & bobs. The flower cluster is from a giveaway by Joy Taylor; that GORGEOUS Eiffel Tower ribbon from Marie-Christine [in FRANCE, of course!!].....
Of course, the tail doesn't end here....how on earth can a girl have a card story without including
 FELLING SKETCHY
~ & this is their 100th challenge AND they're celebrating AND it's a fab sketch.
AND since I had a pile of stuff out, by this stage:
Well, I was SOOO taken by that bg that I did just that, with the ink on the embossing folder idea:
More of Joy's goodies...another arrow I made from the candle packaging....a Silly die cut 'dream'....
And if you're still here...& haven't dozed off, it's the END of the story!!!!
My gosh, I had a GREAT scrappy day.
And feel GOOD that I've used a whole pile of scrap papers & some lovely goodies at the same time:)
Cheers ~ Lizzy ♥♥♥

38 comments:

  1. Beautiful detailed cards Lizzy...love all the mixed media.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow wow wowwwwwwwwwwwww! These are all amazing!! You are TOTALLY ROCKING the textures lately my friend!! WOW!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hehehehe you did have an amazingly crafty day Lizzy - wow! You're on fire! Love all those firey colours and gorgeous textures, it fits the mood over here, where we're just edging into autumn and the leaves are beginning to fall. I enjoyed your story right to the end - thanks for sharing it :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. :) noticed the candle and my first thought was: omg..really close to the papers, what if papers by accident catched fire? but I love a good smelling candle too :). great card for the MMCC challenge! and very clever using the packaging! thanks for joining in with us again! xoxo, Sanna

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have had a very busy scrappy day. Love all of these especially the one with the umbrellas ........ totally gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have been super busy ! They all look great. Love tag and the one for Scrap Africa, gotta love a touch of Paris :) But they are all fabulous, you are a clever girl

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful ideas for using those scraps which increase and multiply when my back is turned. Time to have another big clean up here. Never would have thought to use ordinary house hold packaging for a card and it worked a treat. Love the fancy brolly on the second card. Gorgeous French ribbon on the third one and I think my favest (is that a word?) is the dream card with the hot air balloon and that scrummy red, spotty button. Thanks for joining in at Scrap Africa :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohh wow ! A post with all cards n I love it..2nd n last my Favorite !

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow. Awesome how your creative mind works sista! Yummy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely card! So many nice details. Thanks for joining us at Suger Creek Hollow this time. DT Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  11. What fabulous cards Lizzy... I love the top challenge... If I have time - maybe :) I love love how you recycled for the top challenge too... I have LOADS of stuff saved/hoarded for recycle.... Beautiful soft second card and fun third one and I also love the hot air balloons. Fab inspiration here. Thank you :)
    Thanks for the heads up on the fab give away on Helen T's blog :D so happy for that one :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. My word you have been busy, but when you are on a roll then keep rolling I say!! You have 4 wonderful cards now.. each one so different, each one really wonderfully created too.. love each of them.. and hey it isnt too hard to use flowers now is it?? Now say after me.... I can use flowers!!!hehe.. I hope your monday was marvellous!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely cards. Beautiful colours on both. I also love the detailed flowers on the cards. Really great. Thanks so much for sharing and thanks for playing with at Scrap Africa.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lady, you are brilliant!!!! Each and every one of these cards is awesome!!!!! Great colour and fab backgrounds ... love them all!!! Magic!! ox

    ReplyDelete
  15. super cute cards thanks for playing at SF.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Goodness me Lizzy we can't keep up with you!! What beautiful creations!! Love the tag card especially...You are on such a roll these days!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. The cards and your work is awesome. Love the staples and the other elements you added to the card. Thanks for playing along at FS ~ Michelle DT

    ReplyDelete
  18. A beautiful selection of cards. Thank you for sharing the lovely one with the Tag at SCH this time.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  19. You're making a beautiful stash of cards, each one fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  20. ADORABLE! You certainly had a fun play! LOVE THESE cards there Miss Lizzy!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Much to see and all very lovely. Thanx for joining us at SCH.
    Hugs Plony

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love the rich colours and all that yummy texture. All these cards are gorgeous. Thank you for playing at Scrap Africa.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love the bright orange - such a fun color. What a gorgeous card. Thank you for sharing and playing along with us at Scrap Africa!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow! What an array! LOVE all of these! Simply fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow...Lizzy...such super projects....really love that tag...so pretty and love the one for Scrap Africa too! ;-) Thanks so much for playing along with us! xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. Lovely cards Lizzy and your take on the challenge at Scrap Africa is such a fun, vibrant creation. Thanks for playing along :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oh, Lizzy! you're on a roll, girl! such beautiful cards, with wonderful colors and fab background work. love them all.
    Thank you for playing with us at Scrap Africa!

    ReplyDelete
  28. OMG!!! Lizzy.....you are brillant!!!
    Love all the card!!! They are amazing!!!! And the backgrounds.....awesome!!!
    Thank you so much for playing with us at Scrap Africa!!!!
    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  29. so many lovely creations, thanks for joining us at SCH
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  30. Great projects! Love the cluster of embellies on the FS card. Thanks for joining the challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. Wow you have been busy! excellent work on all projects. thank you for joining us at Scrap africa.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Woweee! You are amazing Lizzy! Love all your beautiful cards. Thank you for playing along at Scrap Africa. :)

    ReplyDelete
  33. Oh I adore your card ! I love using sketch also for cards ! Beautiful my friend. Good luck. Thank you so much for taking part in our challenge at Scrap Africa, love Marta xx

    ReplyDelete
  34. Marvellous & fantastic work Lizzy!..You really are clever.
    You have made a wonderful card following our sketch...I love it!
    Thank you for playing along with us at Feeling Sketchy again.
    Debi - DT Co-ordinator@FS

    ReplyDelete
  35. You've been a busy girl! I love all your cards and I might pinch some of those inventive ideas too- thanks for playing with us again at Feeling Sketchy :-)

    ReplyDelete
  36. OMGoodness...you have been super busy!! do you ever stop?!?! lol
    LOVE the masculine card at the top and all the nature elements & colours that you've used :)
    I think your tag with those "pesky" flowers looks stunning! Maybe you should use them more often!!!! :) Seeings you're such a versatile scrapper n all :) Your other cards look fabulous too....love them all :)

    ReplyDelete
  37. Am still wide awake and amazed at how much crafty work you do ! Love them all but the Dream one is my favourite.

    ReplyDelete
  38. WOW! Love all your projects! The cards are stunning with all the great details.
    Thank you for playing with us at MMCC. Hope to see you with us again in October!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks guys for taking the time to comment....I appreciate each & every one:):)