About Me

My photo
Woy Woy, NSW, Australia
Hi there! I hope you find some inspiration from looking at my blog. Take your time, click on some of the links, get some ideas, join some challenges, but most of all, have FUN:):)

Tuesday, 18 November 2014

Let's Get Shabby #60

Normally, I scrap quickly. Usually in one sitting. However, this one for LET'S GET SHABBY has taken me [literally] WEEKS. As soon as I saw the challenge, I knew I had the PERFECT photo. But what did I want to do with it? Not a scrap page. You see, it's a snap I took in Pistoia [Italy] after the weekly markets, at night time, down a narrow alley as were heading back to the train station to Firenze. In the rain:
So I printed it out on normal A4 copy paper. I also had this ripped out page from the airlines magazine [in French] which I read on the airplane on the way home from Paris [same trip!]....soooo 'image transfer', I decided. I wanted to superimpose my couple under the umbrella into that black & white alleyway. Thus preserving memories from our holidays. And I decided I wanted to make this to hang on my wall. I do so love both images, so very much:)
What's this got to do with the LGS challenge? Well, we can use this image in any way:
Umbrella. That's what I was going for. So, gessoed the two images together, did the 'rubbing back' thing with my fingers & ended up with this:
I actually didn't have a canvas on hand...so I scrummaged around and found the top of a chocolate box to attach it to! Easy to hang on wall!
This is the same bit of the scene finished....I'm not sure what chippy I've used - bits from either/and Dusty Attic, 2Crafty, Imaginarium and I know the little heart arrow is Wycinanka. Have a pile I'm trying to use up, mainly 'cos next year I start DT'ing for Dusty Attic. Doesn't seem 'right' to use other chippy once I'm on their team....that's just how I feel....so I'm chippy-ing like mad atm....plus, it's giving me practise. Win-win!!
 The image wasn't standing out enough, so I re-printed it, fussy cut the figures, glued them on then covered them with Glossy Accents.....this worked MUCH better!
I did quite a bit of bg work with stencils, gesso, paints, embossing etc etc....


 
Here is my finished canvas:
 And one last close up...the hinges were 'individually crafted'......using some negative spaces from already used chippy packs.....lotta work!!!
So, there you have it. I hope you have enjoyed this 'trip'....thanks for your kind comments & ongoing bloggy support:) It is LOVELY to be home & to gradually get back into my scrappy 'groove'!!
Happy Scrapping ~ Lizzy ♥♥♥
GOODIES FROM & THANKS TO:

24 comments:

  1. That is so cool. And romantic. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!!! This is...well I don't know what to write... Amazing, incredible, brilliant..... . wonderful, Beautiful!
    I really love this Lizzy.... its a MASTERPIECE.
    Thanks for sharing! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! WOW! Lizzy this is just amazing. Such a perfect photo for this challenge. I almost feel like I could walk right into the picture and take a walk with them.............fabulous effect. Thanks for joining in with us at Let's Get Shabby.

    ReplyDelete
  4. HOLY SMOKES my friend!! This is just breathtaking!!! PINNING!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love what you did Lizzy. This is just crazy crazy creativity that is so brilliant that it lights up the entire night sky (no kidding!).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good golly Miss Molly!!! I agree with Janice, I'm not sure if I have the superlatives to describe this canvas. It instantly whisks me across the world to the Left Bank, where I am strolling along in a light shower of rain. I'm headed down the street towards a patisserie where the coffee is great and the cakes are delicious. Love the MM background and the step by step shows us how you achieved this brilliant project. Outstanding Art Lizzy. TFS :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. How cool with that image transfer...can it be done with gesso? LOVE those hinges too. What a fabulous mixed media project...love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks amazing Lizzy, it has a romantic feel to it as well.. really love how you did the picture and love the chippie frame around it too.. bet it looks wonderful on your wall!

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW! Lizzy that is beautiful. Love how you got them together... actually I don't have a clue how you did it but it sounded awesome. I haven't scrapped in so long I don't know how anymore. So much going on here and no time for anything I am feeling like a lame duck... but .... this has inspired me to WANT to make something as beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. No attempts at humour here as this is seriously outstanding Lizzy . Well done on this beautiful work , you are really talented.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I never thought to use the top of a box chocolate as a canvas, you are so crazy (in a good way!)
    And I love the image transfert, thanks for sharing - I am planning a canvas as PH Dt, I never made anything like that... maybe I am crazy too to use it as a DT assignment LOL

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've said it before and I'll say it again, You are a clever chicky Lizzy. Love how you improvised with the chocolate lid for a canvas. Gorgeous image and clever using the mag page as well to tie in the memories...... Brilliant piece

    ReplyDelete
  13. goodness how incredibly cool is that!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This must be my newest favourite...absolutely gorgeou!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOW!!! Very beautiful work, fascinating! Thanks for playing with us at Let's Get Shabby.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Pretty funky little canvas you have there Lizzy!! I am keen on all this image transfer business but no printer ATM!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Stunning..I am going to come back again for a detailed look :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. WOW!!! This is awesome work! Thanks for playing with us at Let's Get Shabby.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wowser this is awesome. Thanks for playing with us at shabby.

    ReplyDelete
  20. WOW!!! this is stunning!!! love the transfer idea! just fab!

    ReplyDelete
  21. That kind of work right there would take weeks! Just the right amount of things to make it just perfect! Most excellent job with this, Miss Hill! Super pretty! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is really so beautiful Lizzy! I love the techniques and the result...gosh....so amazing! ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks guys for taking the time to comment....I appreciate each & every one:):)