About Me

My photo
Woy Woy, NSW, Australia
Hi there! I hope you find some inspiration from looking at my blog. Take your time, click on some of the links, get some ideas, join some challenges, but most of all, have FUN:):)

Wednesday, 22 June 2016

THE MIXED MEDIA CHARD Challenge ~ June 2016:

Now, this one took a few twists and turns. Once again, I 'had' to make a Christmas
card [my challenge to myself! All cards MUST be Chrissy cards for a while to build 
up the stash!].... but check out the MIXED MEDIA CARD challenge:
LOL! Would YOU attempt a Christmas card?
Luckily, you can use the COLOURS....which I've done.
But I also found some digi prints [no idea where I got them from!],
which were ROUND [sun shaped...!!!] & off I went with my Gelatos again.
So, gessoed the bauble so I could pop some gelatos on. Then heat embossed the gold.
Then used a paint pen by Sharpie to go over the 'Joy'. Then added a Bro cut 'Christmas'.
THEN made the bg paper with 2 different stencils and yellow/orange ink pads and a sponge
through the mask. THEN added some Heidi Swapp color shine in gold & FINALLY 
added some glitter glue to the 'O' in Joy & some splashes of Glimmer Glaze.
WHEW!
THEN I did it all again with this card:
 And the shine that is so hard to capture on camera:
 So, there you have it. I DID IT!!!!
Thanks for looking ~ Lizzy ♥♥♥

18 comments:

  1. Only you could take this outback scene and immediately see the potential for Christmas creating! Brilliant work my friend. I wish I could say you've kicked my derriere into gear, but sadly, no such luck. Keep safe tomorrow in the big rains predicted. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agree with Helen, only you could make a Christmas Card from a outback scene, Love the way you think. But ! you are just trying to freak me out with all these Christmas Cards aren't You ? They look fabulous though and they look like a lot of fun to make

    ReplyDelete
  3. loved your take on sunset ! Very different Christmas card !

    ReplyDelete
  4. so great design Lizzy! Adore this combo of gold and yellow tones, and doodling with liner is beautiful!)))

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just love your take Lizzy, stunning Christmas cards :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You can do anything Lizzy! fabulous cards, love the colors for a change for Christmas.. 2 more for your collection.. and I hope your computers are working again.. I know it feels like you have left the planet when you cant access the net easily!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wowwwwwwww! This is gorgeous! LOVING those colors!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You can't get much more mixed media than this!! You've pulled it all together perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW... I love it... I don't know how you do it but you did it and the end result is beautiful. :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my - its a journey!! LOL!!
    Totally in love with the end result! Sooooooo gorgeous! Love the sun bauble!
    Oh, boy, Christmas will be here before we know it - its like one minute we were in summer holidays and no its mid year!! How the heck does that happen!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes Miss Wallace has echo'd my sentiments exactly...I am not movitated to do Christmas cards! I do love yours though!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are so festive and fun! beautiful! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Woo!! Hoo!! Fantastic!! Never would have imagined making a Christmas card from that challenge .. but you aced it!! You are brilliant my friend!! Love, love, love this!!! hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think it's great that you're making Christmas cards already, I'm going to try and make some this year.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Good colours for an Aussie Christmas Card! Fun take on the challenge and great artsy design! Thanks for joining in the fun at the MMCC :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. ah, there it is! well, those colors are really perfect for YOUR Christmas, aren´t they?!!! thanks for playing along with us at MMCC <3

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love how you think "outside the box". Love your bright and happy X'mas card!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks guys for taking the time to comment....I appreciate each & every one:):)